The Castle of Lože stands on a hilltop in the Vipava valley. It's located in Slovenia, close to the Italian border.
It was originally built in the 12th century. In the 17th century, it burnt down, and the Counts of Cobenzl rebuilt it (before 1675) as we see it today.
It was rebuilt as a holiday villa in Venetian Style.
Nowadays it’s a deserted-like manor house with accessory buildings and two main courtyards.
We make available for your filming and photo shooting sessions different kind of spaces, as listed below:
on the ground floor of the manor:
- 3 rooms
- a central great hall with about 200m2
on the first floor of the manor:
- 1 room
- a great hall with about 200m2
*on the second floor: *
- mansard roof, with exposed wooden beams
in the underground floor
- an arched wine cellar that stretches across the great hall.
As for the accessory building and grounds, we make available:
- a barn with a panoramic rooftop
- a shed for livestock with about 500m2
- an inner courtyard
- the front lawn
- old wooden floors
- remains of mosaic floor
- ceiling heights of over 3.6m
- 2 stone wells in the inner courtyard
- enclosing ruined stone walls
- power can be provided via generator or electrical connection, if you book at least 20 days in advance
- chemical toilets can be provided on request
- parking area
Additional services (on request):
- wine and food tasting in the wine cellar as the wrap party